Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Get Paid To Blog

This week's focus is on various ways that you can get paid to write and today I want to just touch lightly on blogging. There are many posts on this blog about blogs as well as in my blogroll. Blogging is a great way to get your thoughts and creativity out there without any worry about an editor's red pen. It's also a great way to make some cash.

Here are some very basics on blogging. Dig into my archives and my blog roll for more information. You can blog as a career to earn money or blog to help build clips to get other writing jobs or even do both.

1) Blog for Google Adsense and affiliate marketing revenue. People and companies will pay you to post on your blog once your blog has good rankings and plenty of traffic.

2) Paid blogging companies like Blogsvertise and Blogitive will pay per post for a short post and clickable link on well indexed blogs.

3) Companies and people will pay you to maintain their blog for them. Many ghostbloggers make very good money. You can also work for blogging companies that host multiple blogs like b5media.

I first started a blog because of what I'd read in an article in Reader's Digest about blogging as a p/t income. Little did I know that the steps I took would land me a new writing career and home based business. My first blog was a hosted blog on writingup.com. I only earned a few hundred dollars directly from the blog through blog posts and a little bit of Google income but it earned me a heckuva lot of indirect stuff. I met experienced writers there who mentored me and used the blog as a showcase for my writing work and as a result now have a full time living getting paid to write and recently started giving other writers work as well. If you're a writer and want to sell more books or earn more money, start a blog.

1 comment:

Margie said...

Hi Dana,

Great information! I've been blogging for a while but recently decided to start a home business and make some money at it.

Hearing your story gives me encouragement that it can be done!

Thanks!
Margie