Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Networking With Stumbleupon

As a freelance writer, my favourite web tool is stumbleupon.com. I think I heard about it from this website as a matter of fact somewhere in comments. Some great conversations and inspiration (and even leads) come from blog comments on this site, don't you think?

Anyway, I have one fellow blogger that I work with on my stumbleupon friends list and discovered last week that I can stumble her favourite sites. That was a lot of fun to see what sites were interesting to her. I also saw sites she's trying to promote for herself so anything that I came across that was written by her, I also gave a thumbs up. This way, I helped her promote. I haven't even told her about it yet but I'm hoping she's seen a jump in her traffic on some of her blog postings, ezine articles and on her website.

Anyway,
My stumbleupon ID is: marleymauve (big shocker there, lol)

Feel free to post yours to this thread and we can add one another as friends and stumble each other's favourites.

If you aren't already using stumbleupon.com, it's a firefox toolbar that lets you choose the channels you want to see (ie: specific tags) and then when you feel like surfing, you click the stumble button. It takes you to sites tagged like your preference. It's rather addictive!

It also lets you tag your own sites for others to see either with a thumbs up or thumbs down. It's a great way to bring traffic to your favourite sites or share something you find that's interesting.

Let's network :)

Cheers,
Dana

No comments: