Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Playing With Jiglu

You might notice some extra tags and links on my blog. Jiglu is something I discovered only an hour before writing this post and I'm playing with it. There's a widget on the right side of my blog and it creates tags within my blog. Not sure if I like it or if it's too busy. I also don't know if I like that it can take people away from my blog against my wishes by presenting them with advertisements. Not sure yet exactly how it works or if I'll be keeping it. I will update later. If you are using it, feel free to comment here with your thoughts.

Update: I don't think I'll be keeping it. I'm giving it another day to see if it grows on me or helps me keep people visiting longer but think it's gotta go for the following reasons.
A) It makes my blog look spammy with way too many links. They stick out like a sore thumb and who would click on my real links in this environment?

B) The tag searching tool comes up with Google ads that are not my own so if someone clicks on one of the links, they can be lured away by the click of a Google ad that isn't mine. The good news? Right now, the only adds that are coming up seem to have to do with skin tag removal so no real chance of that luring many visitors away for now, huh? LOL.

No comments: